Restoration of Status

If your temporary resident visa (e.g. your study permit) has expire and you want to remain in Canada, the first step is to apply for a restoration of status and you must apply within 90 days of your status expiry date.

You may apply if:
1. You lost your temporary resident status (e.g. as a student) because you remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay, but not longer than 90 days.
2. You continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed.

If you require this service to restore your status or any other type of service(s), simply create an account and submit your profile for an assessment.

Additional Information:

The assessment fee is USD 30. It is charged to determine your eligibility as we review your submitted profile and give you a personalised professional advice with our charges provided you have a workable profile, the assessment fee is payable online and the fee is non-refundable.

Let's get you started

Need to submit your assessment? Click here to begin the process